Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 4

A.J. was not a happy camper when I arrived to visit him this morning. I really think that he was upset with me for leaving yesterday afternoon. He completely snubbed me for the first 20 minutes or so, and if I tried to engage him he would grab toys and try to throw them at me. Eventually he settled down and we had a fun visit. He is now saying 'vata', 'ne', and 'mama' and he was shaking his finger at me and grinning ear to ear. He is going to be something else! :-) He walked over to the window where we saw the cats yesterday and was looking quizzical and saying 'maw, maw?' We never did see the kitties though.

Toward the end of the morning visit we took him to get his pictures done for the visa. He did NOT want to leave the orphanage and threw a fit as we went out the gate. Dore (his favorite staff member) explained that the only time he has ever left the orphanage before was to go to the hospital and spend a week to ten days hooked up to IV antibiotics and steroids, so is it any wonder the kid didn't want to leave? Once he finally realized we were not headed for the hospital he started to relax. Taking him for all of the medical tests and exams he is going to need when we get home is going to be interesting. He is going to need testing for his PCD, evaluation of his foot, ENT for the 'goo' that is coming out of his left ear, and GI consult for reflux (he is constantly spitting up like you would expect an infant to do). It will be an adventure for sure. But I think getting all of his medical issues sorted out so he is feeling well is going to really help his overall development.

I was amazed at how calm he was in the car. Here they just buckle kids into the back seat with the regular seat belt and he rode along looking out the window and playing with a stuffed bear I brought him. He did not like having his picture taken, and I am afraid his visa will forever immortalize him with his mouth open in a scream and tears running down his face. :-( But once we left the photo place he walked along the shopping square happily checking out all of the sights. It is going to be a lot of fun to start to show him new things once we have had some time to settle in at home.


Momma is going to help me get this fixed when I get home. It hurts me when I walk!

More to come later (if Momma is not too exhausted)! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Our son kept spitting up during our visits also. We're thinking reflux or allergies?

    AJ's poor foot-that does look like it would hurt to walk on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey--you show grace in the turmoil! You are the mom he needs. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete