Thursday, December 9, 2010

Part 4...

One of my main concerns as we had been looking at adopting a special needs child had been my ability to continue to homeschool and deal with the very real needs of a medically fragile child. I so much do NOT want to give up home schooling. I love being able to spend time with my children, teach them and learn with them. I don’t want to give that up, but at the same time I knew that realistically I would not be able to do everything well and that I was going to have to give something up.

The day after Lorraine’s presentation I found a post on the Empowered to Connect website titled “He Gives and Takes Away”. This mother described her reaction to going through the exact same struggle that I was going through in giving up home schooling! Again, God used “circumstances” to address my needs and concerns. Yes, our decision to send the kids to school was the right one. And while it was going to be hard, He is faithful.

That same day I completed the financial aid application for Regents School of Austin. We have not heard from them yet, but we pray that God will confirm our plan to send the kids to school there in the fall of 2011 by allowing us to receive enough financial aid to make it possible. And if He doesn't, then we will seek His will for "Plan B"!

No comments:

Post a Comment