Monday, December 6, 2010

Our Adoption Adventure - Part 2

Over the next few days we talked about it and prayed about it. Finally one afternoon Eric said “Let’s go for it!” and the next step in the journey was taken.

I contacted the agency “listing” Landon {Children with special needs who are currently living in an orphanage or group home setting are often listed as “waiting children” with a particular adoption agency that will attempt to find them homes through their various resources}, and discovered that he had a family that had already committed to adopt him! Talk about a crazy mix of emotions! I was thrilled that he had a “forever family”, but at the same time I was very sad. He was supposed to be in our family, right?

I e-mailed our friend Lorraine (who has lots of experience with adoption) and this was her reply:
“I will say that I’ve seen many times where God uses a particular child to really tug at someone’s heartstrings, to the point where the family dives in to adopt that special child, only to find out he/she has already been committed to. In these circumstances, God always leads the family to another child who He had intended to be theirs all along, only the parents didn’t know about the other child until they went searching after the original child stole their heart. Does that make sense?”

That completely made sense to me and I was able to be totally joyful that Landon had found his forever family. Now we were committed to the adoption journey, but we still didn’t know who or where or when!

No comments:

Post a Comment