Saturday, June 23, 2012

Whispers

I don't even know where to start in describing this to you, so you will just have to go here to read Amy Block's post about their work in Guatemala. The fact that these people are forced to live like this while I sit here in my comfortable home watching baseball and enjoying the company of my family has shaken me to the core. I am praying that God will use that post to grab your attention like it has mine.

The Block family has been led to start Village of Hope Guatemala to help meet the needs of orphans in this impverished country. You can read about that here.

Recently I have been so overwhelmed by the needs in our world that I just have not even known where to start with my prayers or my actions. We have been supporting the Block family with (very small) donations over the last year, and we have stepped out in faith to adopt but recently I hear God whispering in my ear that there is something more that we are supposed to be doing. 

Are you hearing any whispers from God?

No comments:

Post a Comment