Thursday, June 14, 2012

Still Waiting

We are still waiting for our travel dates. The MOJ requested an addendum to our home study so it would specifically state that we were approved to adopt a child with A.J.s diagnoses. That document arrived in his country on June 5th. Accounting for a few days to get the translation done we thought we would hear something from our facilitator this week, but the week is almost over. :-(

I think I have said it before, but the closer we get to meeting him the harder the waiting becomes. Even a brief update and maybe an updated picture would be an amazing blessing to my momma's heart. I just want to know that he is O.K.

Eric was teasing me yesterday, saying that when I get a message from the facilitator y'all will probably find out before he does. :-). I am just so anxious to be able to share wonderful news with you guys! I promise that I will post an update as soon as we hear anything. Right after I call Eric. :-)

Please pray not only for A.J., but for all of the orphans who continue to wait for their families. While I am rejoicing that God has chosen us to be A.J.'s family, my heart breaks for those who have not yet been chosen.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Are you still waiting for your verbal referral then?

    Praying you hear something soon...and praying for all the children still waiting to be chosen :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. As the reality of that first trip approaches, it gets hard to wait! We're waiting too, but with longer to go.

    I'll pray that you get your dates soon!

    ReplyDelete