Thursday, May 19, 2011

That was a no good idea!

"That was a no good idea!" is Eve's way of saying "I don't think I should have done that!".

Tonight I decided I should sit down and figure out how much money we have spent so far on the adoption, and how much we have left to spend. Now I am saying "That was a no good idea!" I have just sent myself into a state of shock that may take a while to recover from!

The total cost to get Allen home will be about $41,000. We have already spent a total of $5,000 on various fees and paperwork. That leaves a grand total of $36,000 left to go. Gulp!

Deep breath! Deep breath! This is going to be OK!

I KNOW that God will provide the funds for this to happen. But in my humanness I wish that all $36,000 was already sitting in the bank just waiting for us to need it to pay the next expense on the list.

I have been praying about the possibility of adopting two little ones and after seeing these numbers and realizing that we will most likely never be able to afford to do this again I am praying even harder. The extra cost to adopt a second child from the same orphanage would be about $1,500 (which is just the medical clearance, visa, and transportation home). It makes my mind say "Why not just spend the extra $1,500 now and rescue two?" Compared to doing the entire process all over again in a few years to the tune of $41,000 it seems like a logical question.

Prayer requests:
That God will move mountains and provide the $36,000 that we still need to go get our little boy!
That God would clearly and specifically reveal His will if we are supposed to pursue bringing home Texas Jakubauskas #8.

1 comment:

  1. We have been thinking/praying the same thing! Only problem is we are taking the only one that is known of in the orphanage so it would cost us a lot more than $1,500 to add one more on....not sure what to do! I'd still love to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete