Friday, May 27, 2011

A good mistake and an update

Sometimes I am glad that I made a mistake! It is not often, but it does happen. :-)

I was looking at the figures from the other day when I calculated the expenses and thinking that something just wasn't right. I finally realized that I counted the expenses for the in country facilitators twice, so the actual amount we need to be fully funded is really $24,000 instead of $36,000! I feel like we just got a big check in the mail. It is still a lot of money, but somehow $24,000 seems much more manageable than $36,000.

Right now we are waiting to get all of our police clearances back. We already have our Texas clearances, but we are still waiting on the New York and FBI clearances. Our home study can't be officially approved until we have the FBI clearances so we are in a holding pattern until those come in.

Once we have the official home study we can submit for our USCIS approval and once that is done all we have to do is send in the dossier! We are getting closer and closer, one small step at a time.

Once the home study is complete we can also start applying for grants and loans. We are anxious to be able to do this so that we will have a better idea of how much we will still need to raise to get our little man home.

Keep praying!

2 comments:

  1. The different info you have versus what I have amazes me! I didn't realize your homestudy wasn't complete w/o the FBI clearance....I thought that was just for the USCIS form to be a complete submission. Ugh!!

    Awesome news on the math mistake!! Give me a shout when you have time.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news!! A huge, huge difference. I wish that would happen to me lol. The $36,000 is right on target for us!
    I have changed our giveaway on the advice of some of the more seasoned RR mommies, lowered the amount of donation required to win the beautiful painting. I hope you'd like to see!
    http://moveanymountian.blogspot.com/2011/05/carmens-1st-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete