Monday, May 28, 2012

The Jak Family Adventure

4,500 miles

14 days

Too many "When will we be there" comments to count

We recently had to travel to New York and Pennsylvania because my Granny was in the hospital. While it was a stressful trip, we were able to spend some time with family and make a few fun stops along the way.

There were more than a few humorous moments during the trip, so I thought I would share some of my favorites:

"Momma, I roast another strawberry on the fire?" (Zac meant marshmallow)
"Mom, it's hopeless. We are never going to get home. Lets just stop here, get an apartment and live in West Virginia!" (Christian was more than a little fed up with being in the truck)
"Uncle J I am VERY serious! Can I PLEASE trade Ana for Baby Charlotte?" (Eve apparently thought that her 8 month old cousin would be a lot more fun to have around than her 7 year old sister)
"Christian, knock it off! You cannot build weapons with pink Legos. It is against the rules!" (Ana was very serious about her Legos not being used to build anything that wasn't girly)

Our on-line auction ended last night and we were able to raise $200 with your support. Thank you to everyone who supported us by bidding! We still have a long way to go to be to our goal, but we are confident that God will continue to provide.

Prayer Requests:
Please lift up all of my brothers and sisters in the military today as we honor those who have fallen defending our country. I know I can sometimes take the freedoms we enjoy for granted, and we need to remember that those freedoms do not come without a cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment