Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chrissie's Legacy

Some of you may not know how God got ahold of our hearts and started us on this adoption journey in the first place. Our friend Lorraine shared that story on her blog today as they remember the anniversary of the month their daughter Chrissie spent fighting for her life in the ICU before she went home to live with Jesus. We never got a chance to meet Chrissie in person, but she is a HUGE part of the reason we are adopting. Lorraine shared about her family's vision of Chrissie hunting for orphans in heaven a while back and I smiled when I read it because I imagined Chrissie tapping Jesus on the shoulder and saying "You see that one in Eastern Europe? He's supposed to go home with the Jakubauskas Family and be a little Texan like me!"

I know it took a lot of courage for the Patterson family to open their hearts and lives to share Chrissie's story (and the rest of their lives) with the world, and God has used their family and their precious daughter in some wonderful ways. Will you join me in praying for the Patterson's as they go through this difficult time?

No comments:

Post a Comment