Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tough Week??

I was recently sighing to myself about how tough the week has been. Ana has mononucleosis and has been in and out of labs and doctors offices, Zac has a double ear infection and has been an unbearable grump all week (not that I can blame him), Eve was up all night the past two nights with a bronchitis type cough, Christian woke up this morning sounding like Darth Vader because he is so congested, and I am fighting a cold. I was feeling bad for my family as this week came to a close.

Then I read my friend Lorraine's blog here. Hearing her first hand stories of the things that her boys are experiencing in the orphanage and the struggles they face each and every day started to put things into perspective for me.

And then I read about this precious little girl who was transferred from the "baby house" to the mental institution when she turned four. She is now nine and is clearly suffering each and every day.

Then my heart once again turned to Jamison, a little boy in Eastern Europe who I have fallen in love with. The doctors there were not able to surgically repair his heart defect as an infant and as a result he has not been able to have the surgeries to correct his cleft lip and palate either. He desperately needs a family to love him and get him the medical care he needs, otherwise he will be destined to a short life of constant illness.

I just cannot complain about our small ailments when there are those with so much greater needs out there. There are children all over the world who are not getting basic physical care and nutrition, much less the love and attention they need to thrive. Please pray for all of these children  - around the corner and across the world, and what we can do to help care for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment