Thursday, December 1, 2011

Someone Said...

"Time and experience have taught me a priceless lesson: Any child you take for your own becomes your own if you give of yourself to that child. I have borne two children and had seven others by adoption, and they are all my children, equally beloved and precious."

Dale Evansadoptive parent

We have had several people ask us if we are sure that we can love a child that is "not our own". I am never sure exactly how to answer this question because I know that before we started the journey to adopt I would not have understood the answer myself. The reality is that AJ is already "ours" and we already love him even though we have never met him! I know this makes absolutely no sense if you think about it logically, but I can tell you with certainty that it is the truth. I cannot explain it, so I am not even going to try!


No comments:

Post a Comment