Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting and Wondering

We finally got our FBI clearances so we are ready to submit our paperwork to USCIS (Customs and Immigration) to get our "golden ticket" that officially says we can bring our little man home! This is the last major hurdle before we travel to Eastern Europe. It is very exciting to have come this far, but it is also making the waiting much harder. It's like the last 100 miles of a cross country trip - you have already travelled so far and you know you are almost there, but everyone is tired of travelling and just wants to be there already!

I have found myself wondering a lot about Allen in the past few days. We haven't gotten an update on him since we were approved to adopt him and not knowing how he is doing is starting to make me a little crazy. I watch Eve and Zach (who are both so close to his age) and I wonder. I wonder is he smiling and laughing like Zach does when he sees any of the characters from Disney's Cars? Is he running and jumping like Eve? What does he like to eat? Will he devour yogurt  and chili like our other kids? Does he talk non-stop like Eve does or is he a man of few words like Zach? Can he throw a ball across the room, jump off a chair, or even climb the stairs by himself? There is so much we don't know. We don't even know if he is healthy and safe. I am praying that we get an update from the orphanage soon and that our I-800A is processed very quickly so that we can go meet him.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. - Philippians 4:6

He tells us to be anxious about nothing, to trust him for everything, and to bring it all to Him in prayer. And that is what I am trying to do today.

Prayer Requests:

Health and safety for Allen and all of the other orphans around the world and in Eastern Europe specifically
Patience for me (Kelsey) as we continue to wait. Eric is doing much better with the waiting than I am!
The Hays Hills Baptist Church Love the Least Foundation - that God would use us to start a revival in orphan care through Hays Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment