Saturday, March 26, 2011

Penny Pinching

As we entered into this process we were both a little uncomfortable with the idea of asking others to help us with our adoption expenses, but at the same time we knew it was the only way to make this adoption a reality. We also knew that God is faithful to provide the funds when He calls you to do something, so we stepped out in faith to start our fundraising.

Along with our fundraising efforts we have worked hard to decrease our monthly spending to be able to put aside as much as we could toward the expenses. With a family of six and mom staying home to homeschool the finances can get a bit tight even when you're not trying to finance an international adoption! But we have tried to cut back where we can and I have become diligent about using coupons and shopping the sales. I've even started to enjoy the challenge of finding the best deals. Eric laughs at me when I come home and gloat about how much I was able to save!

I thought I would share a few of my favorite ideas for penny pinching:

Target - You can save a lot by "stacking" Target coupons with manufacturers coupons. Just make sure you don't add that cute throw pillow into your cart when you're there for the deals! :)

Coupon Cravings - This was the first website I found when I started couponing and it is a great place to start. Check out her list of other blogs also!

Coupons.com and Smart Source - On-line coupons are great. You don't have to subscribe to the paper to get them and they often have really high value coupons for things like diapers.

CVS and Walgreens - If you use the weekly adds and combine coupons with the money back offers that they have you can save a lot of money! You have to make sure that you shop the stores consistently so that your rewards don't go to waste though. Coupon Cravings has a good introduction to how to play the "drug store game" if you'd like to learn more.

Happy coupon clipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment